Run or walk the 5k, test yourself in the new 10K, enjoy the Canada Day Parade and activities, and then the kids compete in the Dominion Day Dashes.
In Support of 3 Great Causes:
- Habitat for Humanity – Local build in Centre Wellington
- Community Living Centre – Centre Wellington location
- Kn.E.C.T. (Knox Elora Care Team) – Local projects Elora-Fergus area and International projects in Nicaragua.
New features this year (2012)
- 10K distance added, great route.
- New start location (wide, flat and fast)
- Start is at round-a-bout on Church St. and finish is at Bissell Park.
- Pre-registration, in-person and on-line was open until Wed, Jun 27.
- More washroom facilities
- Like us Facebook : Elora Canada Day Run
- Best “Canada Day Costume/Spirit” Award”
- Mobile patrols / Marshalls
- Smoother Kids’ Dash track
- More T-Shirts
|Dash 12 & Under||12.00|
*Junior : 19 and under for 5 and 10K
Make Cheques payable to:
Knox Elora/ Kn.E.C.T.
Sorry, no refunds.
(All pledges due pre-race)
No cash, cheques payable to:
Knox Elora/Kn.E.C.T. Thank you.
Race Day Registrations:
7:00-8:30am at booth in Bissell Park.
Located in Bissell Park on Mill St. 0.5 km east of Downtown Elora, Ontario. Please park where possible near Bissell park. Parking is limited in the
park, use nearby streets. Keep Mill St. clear. Extra parking is available at Elora Public School 0.5 km east, and public lot just west of Metcalfe
St.(downtown) south across bridge.
5K, 10K Run/Walk
- Award for top pledge raisers,
- Free t-shirts (while quantities last)
- Prizes for 1,2,3 m/f for each age group; 16&under, 17-19,20-29,30-39,40-49,50-59,60+
- Award for fastest overall, male, female
- New Prize: best “Canada Day” costume/spirit
Kids Dominion Day Dash – 12 and under
- Award for top pledge raisers
- Free t-shirts while quantities last
- Prizes for 1,2,3 m/f, for each age group
- Participation prize for each participant
Age groups/distance: determined by attendance
Your donations help!……
We created and manage this event with the purpose to provide a great event for the community, and to raise funds to help in our local community and also afar in Nicaragua.
Please try to raise pledges and sponsors to multiply your giving. (See this page for pledge form). Feel free to copy form if more room is required. We can issue tax receipts for those who donate greater than 20.00 and request a tax receipt.
About our Causes
“The Door” Youth Centre
This center located in Fergus, offers an alternative activity place for youth in our community, where they can interact with peers and offers safe, stable support from the volunteers and staff.
Community Living Centre, Centre Wellington
Provides residential and day service programs for people who have an intellectual disability with a goal of full participation and inclusion within their community. Our contribution will go towards aids not currently supported by traditional funding.
Kn.E.C.T. (Knox Elora Care Team)
A local volunteer group that helps “with their hands and hearts” on local projects such as “help with your home”, Habitat for Humanity builds, the Salvation Army coat drive, the food bank, and on international projects helping our neighbours in Nicaragua with food projects, housing, medical supplies and more. See www.knectcares.org for more.
Need More Information?
For more information call Lawrie Smith 519-240-2209 or email firstname.lastname@example.org